Thursday, October 18, 2007

A tiring day with lots of input

Yesterday we left the house at 10 and got home at 10. A 12 hr. exhausting day. Too tired to even post, I went directly to bed.

2 things we learned: Insurance may not cover the cyberknife, checking into it again
surgeon has suggested surgery to remove the whole damn cancer, which would require reconstructive sugery. A big procedure but doable. Would need a team of drs. in O/R. Is making appts. for me to have new CT/PT scans/MRI of brain to rule out cancer anywhere else. He will consult with all my other doctors about his suggestion. One week hospital stay, 4 weeks recovery. Lot of pain, fill in area with cement prosthetics.

Lots to think about but am leaning to getting rid of it. Being aggressive. no one likes pain, but I sure don't like cancer.

Mentally wiped right now. Off to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I know it sounds like a lot to go through, but I'm glad you have options. So many are praying for you, so I hope you can feel the strength! Ann

Anonymous said...

I don't like the sound of the pain but I sure do like the sound of getting it OUT!! wouldn't that be such a blessing if they could surgically remove it. you have been to h... and back and I think you can handle this next step. we'd all be behind you. hope you are resting. maybe see you tomorrow night. hear you and j. are chaperoning. you brave girl you!! have a good nights sleep.
love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Jane,
so glad to see you the other night...enjoyable company all the way around the table. Well needed and deserved break from all of the tough decisions.
Praying God gives the discernment to make them.
You are well loved and supported by many many people.

Anonymous said...

Jane,
We're praying for you. You have some tough decisions ahead of you but keep your positive attitude and faith and you will be strong in whatever you decide to do. If you need anything and we can help call.
Sue
I'm always up for ice cream treats!