Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Good news... CYBERKNIFE explained.

I've heard from Dr. Burton's office at Shadyside and I have an appt. with him on Oct. 17 to discuss the radiation procedure cyberknife. They have one of the 6 machines in the country. And after the appt. I go to Hillman Cancer Center to meet with an oncologist surgeon. Fast appts.!!

Did some surfing the net. Here's explanation of procedure. One thing I learned that you will not notice a visual change immediately. May take year or so.

http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/patient_primer.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad today was a good day for you!!
adios and sweet dreams!!moe

Anonymous said...

So happy these appointments are coming quickly. I'm learning a lot from you, Jane. Hang in there! Ann

Anonymous said...

Jane,
If you feel up to it and get a chance eat at "The Thai Place" in Shadyside. You will love it. Lisa
And again, if you need someone to go with you if Barry can't, I'm available.

Anonymous said...

Hillman center is a wonderful place that has helped so many people. So happy you are getting in quickly and not waiting for appointments. The physicians and staff are incredible there.
Dessert is on me at your convenience ;)
bj

Anonymous said...

...thinking of you and Barry, and all the miles we put under our behinds together on the Hondas.

Cycle Salvage came on Saturday and took away my first two 900-F's...the one's I drove with you and Barry on the Outter Banks Cruise in '82 and the Canadian cruise in '83. I saluted them as they drove off into salvage land.

...it prompted me to remember those special momemnts when we lived life with laughter...and without consequence.

...it prompted me to continue to do the same, if not for the sake of our sanity.

...what is our life not worth living for, if it is not for the sake of our collective memory, and the future of our children.

...remember, an optimist sets the breakfast table before he goes to bed at night. :)

LOVE you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!