Monday, October 08, 2007

Time for venting

If you are reading this you know that why Barry and I fight for our health is for Tim. And when I see what appears to be injustice towards him, it upsets me. I thought that school soccer was a team sport, where everyone would and could participate equally. But this year has not proven to be the case. If you know me also, when I don't write about something there usually is a reason. I don't like to write or to be negative but finally here I am. To see my son and others on his soccer team sit out practically a whole 40 minute half game tonight is very upsetting while others on his team play the whole game and end up being exhausted. The short time he was privileged to play he put his heart and soul into it as usual, rushing with speed for a chance at a goal. The only thing good about this season is perhaps next season with a change of coach. You know one doesn't complain because the payback is your child will not have chance to play. But after tonight you do have second thoughts. During tonight's game he even spoke to asst. coach, but I think even he was disgusted. Tim's a peacemaker, one not to complain. But does that make it right? One thing is for sure. Going to such soccer games and seeing what I've been seeing, is not fair. Certainly not a positive experience which is what one needs when already fighting a battle with cancer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are venting...someone needs to. Speaking up about something that is not right is never wrong.
bj

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

...this is a problem I experienced almost 40 years ago while playing high school sports...and I still see happening today. Take it as the nature of the beast. Those in authority will abuse said authority to forward the progress of the few in lieu of the many.

Always has been, always will be.

TimBa