Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thanks

My party today at my job today was so nice. Full of kindness and support which will carry me over the next few weeks and then some. Not enough time tonight, but I will eventually post some pictures of:

a beautifully decorated pink ribbon cake made by a co-worker's daughter
a lap size afghan that will match my PJ ensemble made by an employee at the college
Ben and Jerry's ice cream and spoon (already being eated by Tim and me)
punch
a handstyled tree decorated with pink ribbons, lights, pink bows. But the best part is the ornaments which are individual notes from my co-worker friends showing their support for me. I read each and every one of them when I got home, shedding a tear here and there due to being touched so deeply.

You couldn't ask for a nicer place to work. And that statement is one that is not made often. I also received cards and an angel for serenity.

A bit pooped now. Looking forward to seeing my sister in a.m. Night and thanks to all who are right beside us everyday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely Jane. To be surrounded and uplifted by so many true FRIENDS - they are beyond co-workers. You are blessed. What a testimony to your character.

Say hi to Mo from me today! Her coming in for you is the "icing on the cake".

I am praying for you. Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Tell your sister that I wish I could have seen her. She is such a blessing to be coming here for you and Barry.

The party sounded wonderful. So much time and effort planning and preparing for it. Not just you run of the mill party. I don't know how many of your co workers read your blog, but if any of you are out there....hats off to you!!

Take care and May God Bless You!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow....Just think, it will all be over soon. Will be thinking of you...so have sweet dreams...Love u Eileen

Anonymous said...

The party sounds wonderful, Jane! What a blessing to have such great co-workers. Loved to hear of all the great gifts and support. You will be close in thought tomorrow! God Bless! Ann

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow you will be set free!!!

You are in our thoughts always.

Tim & Amy

Anonymous said...

Hope and Peace for you tomorrow. Enjoy the wonderful feeling of having a sister by your side and let the doctors work their magic,but most of God for his ever healing hand to be upon you.
God Bless you my dear and warm hugs for you, Jane.
bj