Saturday, October 27, 2007

Make a Difference Day

This a.m. I received a phone call from April who works at the college. She's a friend of mine. Told me to expect a group of college students any minute, that they were coming to rake our yard. It was part of Make a Difference Day, a community helping others in the community. And within 1/2 hr. two vehicles arrived carrying 6 college students. They came with a leaf blower, rakes, tarp and lots of energy. I couldn't believe that this gift was given to us. I've already forwarded the picture to the local newspaper, along to the President of the college. I've said it many times, we are so blessed to be living in God's country. So many friends who I swear would do anything for us. A true blessing.

This p.m. was our local Halloween Parade. Pictures have not been downloaded yet, but let me tell you this. Four boys who play percussion (including Tim) dressed up as Silks (the front dance line of girls). Traditionally this part of the band always comes up with some theme. Each year it gets bettter. The boys had such a great time, along with everyone who had them pose for pictures. Never saw so many happy faces. Just another small town tradition that brings the who town out, even if it was drizzling.

So yes, today was a good day. Counting down until Nov. 1.....when I get the demon taken out of me. And you know me, if I could-I would even ask someone to take pictures of the procedure to blog. Including the demon.

Just so you guys know, my sister will be keeping my blog up to date the weekend she is here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till you blog the pictures of tim as a silk. your famili is going to really enjoy them. I couldn't stop laughing at those boys. They were having the time of their lives. So many people were saying they couldn't believe that no one else had ever thought of that. that is beause no other group of percussion players ever had the legs like these boys!!! What a riot!!! That will go down as the best on ever. Thanks for the memories timster!!
love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Jane, Thanks for reminding all of us of the blessings we should all count every day! Looking forward to seeing pics of those boys. :) Ann