Friday, October 19, 2007

TGIF

All my scans have been scheduled for next week. MRI of brain will be at local UPMC hospital Monday a.m. The CT/PET scans will be Hillman Cancer Center on Wednesday afternoon in the city. Have talked to surgeons office to say "go ahead" for surgery. They will get back to me.

Tonight I chaperoned for Tim's band to an away football game. This was my first and probably only one I'll do this year. I felt I had to do at least one for Tim. But now I'm back to the need to be and stay healthy for surgery. Tomorrow is my last chemo pill and then I'm off all next week. 2 weeks on the pills, 1 week off. I'm so pleased that I was able to do a whole cycle with the pill. First time.

Heard a good word tonight at the football field. A word that I'm going to have in my head for awhile. "FORWARD" No looking back, just going forward with my life and treatment. As the saying goes, I may have cancer but cancer does not have me! I'm stronger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that "FORWARD". You go girl!!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great thinking, Jane. Forward sounds good! The rear view mirror is just that...and good for driving only.
:)
bj

Anonymous said...

I knew when I heard that woman speak, I heard her for a reason. All it takes is one word to inspire. FORWARD! see you tonight. May not make it to game, have a wedding to go to. hope to see you after at the party. tell barry to cheer for me. love ya
becky