Thursday, October 04, 2007

No chemo for Barry tomorrow

At 3:45 p.m. today, oncologist office called to cancel Barry's treatment tomorrow. The nurse coordinator had not marked on calendar that the dr. was not in last week and also this week. Nothing like late notice. And due to scheduling/vacation plans at Barry's job he won't be able to have the treatment until November 2. For me, once you have a treatment you sort of look forward to the next one. Not really look forward to it. It just becomes a way of life. On the bright side, Barry will be able to go to my 2nd opinion with Pittsburgh oncologist in morning.

Getting my paperwork in order for appt. in a.m. About 12 pages of information is being asked. But I am truly looking forward to meeting this new doctor and to hear his interpretation of my records.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane - I'll be thinking about you tomorrow morning. It'll be a long day I'm sure, but worth it getting another opinion on your health. I am glad Barry can go with you, but dismayed that they cancelled his appointment at the last minute. You have to mentally prepare for treatments and I'm sure Barry was at that point, only to find out "oops" ....

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Dad here
Hope your report this morning is as good as mine in. The VNA signed off today, one month to the day, after I got out of Rehab. Eyes next, but that doesnt look too good. Third followup next Tuesday