Friday, October 26, 2007

Forward we go

Am so thankful for friends and that my sister will be here for us. And to be able to spend some time with her before the surgery I'm going to be asking for that day off. Otherwise she'll mostly be seeing me in the hospital. Life's too short, have to get the most out of her visit. And it'll be a pleasure to pick her up.

She is amazed at how many friends I have. She shouldn't be. This is God's country after all!

UPDATE: All set for being off on Wednesday. Will be able to pick her up at airport.
I do thank everyone for their offers! More time to see her. And my job is having a "soiree" for me on Tuesday. Life is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must agree with Maureen, you have a great group of friends Jane, who all must take a bow right now! I can't say how much it means to all of us in MA that all of you are so great! Jane, Barry and Tim are very blessed to have you as friends! Love, Mary Lou
P.S. Maureen, you get plenty of rest this week. You are certainly going to be busy next week!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your sister, Jane! So glad you will get some time with her before the surgery. Knowing your great attitude, you'll bounce back fast anyway. :) Prayers! Ann

Anonymous said...

Jk don't worry I will get your number from jane and we can all keep in contact with eachother. that way we can do sort of a phone chain for any areas we are needed. Jane glad you can pick Maureen up on Wednesday. she may want to get that convertible ride another day. I woke up this morning with a happy heart. told many at school who I know have prayer groups. all said you would be on them for next thursday. all the faculty i talked to wished you well and wanted you to know that they care....something about timster being such a good kid!!! no surprise there. just think this time next week the cancer will be gone. By the way we are still coming even thought Maureen will be there. I couldn't stay away. I have to see your new jammies!! Remember you have big shoes to fill...your parents have already seen me in mine!!! Your good news has brightened the hearts of so many people. We Love You Jane!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

You guys have to keep me up to date just as if I was there. I know you will. Jane, you will be in my thoughts and prayers the whole time. I'll be back when you get home, so be ready for some pampering. A clean house, and clean laundry!!
I talked to Luke today and he is going to touch base with Tim.
Talk to you again tomorrow.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I didn't know what a soiree was. Had to look it up. Sounds like a grand time!!
Lisa