Saturday, May 17, 2008

Anesthesia is an option

Patti invited me to Mugsies this a.m. I wasn't sure how I would sleep, so left it up in the air. Last night I don't remember waking up during the night, which is a blessing. First night in a long time. First time ever I turned my clock radio on to a Christian station. I'm not one to be able to sleep with any noise, but last night I did. Eventually I woke up, shut radio off and put my alarm on. I got up at 7 a.m. feeling rested. What a difference sleep has to your body. I called Patti later on, her invitation was still open. It was just the two of us, having a conversation with another local man. It was nice. Afterwards we went to drug store to fill a prescription, then to local church to buy some geraniums.

She told me that receiving anesthesia is an option for cyberknife. As that is her job at this hospital. You just have to request it. Monday I'll take it like a man, without it. Then if needed the next day, I'll have this option. That'll be great if I get a chance to see her on one of these days. A cheerful face, while going through something new. Nice. The first time is always a bit scary. But from where I've come from, I know I can handle this.

No comments: