Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Methodical. Is that the correct word?

Everything I do is methodical lately. From walking to talking, from cooking hamburger helper for tonight (yes, I did) and from waking up during the night to use the bathroom. And last night I baked toll house break apart cookies. All involved concentration, no room for interruption of the process.

One of my wishes is to have a good night's sleep. Without interruption. Without pain. I guess I want it all. Look at how far I've come. I've learned that when I was released from Presby after my brain tumor, that hospice was mentioned. Lisa told me that she had looked up in yellow pages for the information. And tonight I stood in front of her, in the kitchen talking to her. I thank God for this opportunity. And for angels that walk among us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into Jane's house and saw her walking on her own. No walker, no cane, nothing! What a sight. She told me she was going to make hamburger helper because she has to read and follow the directions. Good therapy! We did discuss when we were all looking into hospice because we thought she would need it when she came home from Presby, but again God had a different plan! Wow! Jane, you are the best.
Love ya, Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry, Jane! We all learn so much from you, and we are constantly reminded to live in the moment. Even though we think we can figure out God's plan -- we can't, can we? Thank you for being such a great teacher to all of us about life. :) Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

Dad has a question

Jane's Family said...

This was dad's question:

Jane were those 'BREAKAPART' cookies anything like the 'BREAKAPART" fresh breaked HOT MONKEY BREAD delived to u while u were in the hospital, but WE ate most of at the house? lol

Anonymous said...

Jane,
You are such a STRONG person. Been through so much and still positive. Keep up the good spirits and think of all the wonderful friends and family you have.

Jen Evans