Saturday, May 24, 2008

No more decadron

I took my last decadron pill yesterday p.m. It's a steroid that was given to me to take while going through the cyberknife radiation, for possible swelling. And the main side effect is that you are wide awake, you feel as it you have wide deer eyes unable to close, and the feeling that you want to rest but are unable to. Terrible feeling. And last night, I was up about 3 times to go to the bathroom. I always use my walker at night, because I know I have sea legs and don't want to fall. Afterwards I fall back to sleep. I've been falling asleep to my radio which I put on sleep timer. Never thought I could fall asleep like that. Plus I take a sleeping pill (down from 2).

Today I have about the energy that could be expected. I woke up at 10:30 a.m. and boy did that feel great. Since coming home from hospital I've not slept in. Therapy starts by 9 a.m. After planting some annuals in flower boxes with Tim's help, I got into my jammies and slept for over 2 hrs. I took an ativan because my heart was beating so fast, needed to calm down. Both Barry and Tim cut the lawn as I slept. I woke up to spareribs coming off the grill.

Forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jane
i am thinking about you today as you get together with all your family. have a great time
love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Dear Jane,

Think of you everyday and praying for you. Hope you had a good memorial day . Its always tough at my house. Please when you are feeling up to it mabay we can go to Kings for dessert with billy jean. Love ya tina