Sunday, May 11, 2008

One of the best Mothers Days I've had

It began when I went to Presby. church to hear Rev. Lisa H. give the sermon about the circle of friends as a means of support when the times get tough. She spoke about her own situation, but I could certainly personally relate. That's why I shed some tears, tears of strength and tears that showed how far I've come from just 3 weeks ago. The Pres. of the College where I worked was there with his wife, and just too many other friends including the Chaplain of the College who visited me at the hospital on his day off. Thanks to my angels Becky who sat directly behind me, and Patti who sat next to me and offered me kleenex and a hand to hold. I was able to stand up and sing proudly with their support. It took me awhile to leave the church as many were coming up to say hello, you're looking great. Many were in awe seeing me. It was a good day.

Tim went shopping for gifts after church with a friend. He bought me 2 candles, aromatherapy spritzer for the sheets and pillowcase along with body lotion aromatherapy. Both aromatherapy fragrances are to help me with the sleeping. I sprayed by pillowcase and sheets, lotioned up my hands and under my nose, took an anxiety pill and lied down. I slept for over 2 hrs. It took me awhile to fall asleep, again with phone off the hook. But I was amazed to see the clock said 5:30 p.m. Don't know if it was the fragrances, but will continue.

As planned Tim took me out to dinner after we napped. It was a secret, Red Lobster. A good choice. I love their dinner biscuits. I had fried shrimp and shrimp scampi. It was so tasty. Nothing wrong with my appetite. After dinner I asked Tim to bring me to Barry's job. I wanted to show off. I walked in with a cane and a smile. They were amazed. I said "I am a survivor". And they agreed.

So as you can see it was a great day, in spite of the drizzly weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there Jane to see you walk up the stairs into the Journal Plant. My mouth dropped when I saw you walking across the parking lot with Tim.I said to myself "Oh my God It's Jane!". A pleasant sight I will not forget for a long time.
Sue

Anonymous said...

All I can say is YOU GO GIRL! Love, Mary Lou

P.S. Love the pictures of Moe!

Anonymous said...

You always make the most out of your day. I am so glad you had such a good mother's day. Good job to timster for treating you so well on your special day. Way to go Timmy!!
love ya
becky