Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I wish I could sleep

Yesterday, since I was not given a sleeping script, I called the pharmacist to see if ambien CR was covered by insurance. Continuous release was given to me in the hospital but not covered for home use. Plain generic ambien is covered by my insurance, and I was given 5 mg. for hospital use. I called my primary doctor and had him call in the script for me. Tim picked it up on way home from soccer.

I took it last night and it didn't work. My body aches, can't get comfortable. I literally was up since 3 a.m., finally got out of bed at 7:45 a.m. Yesterday p.m. I tried to sleep at 3 p.m. and was unable to sleep for the hour.

I wish I could sleep. I'll try again this afternoon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane
How frustrating. I wish they could give you something to guarantee you could get a good night's sleep every night. I am glad I read your blog first because I was going to call you this afternoon. I hope you are snoozing a little bit. love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane!

Like Becky, I hope you are sawing logs as I type this.

There isn't much worse in the world than not being able to sleep normally. It is kind of like a vicious cycle, because when you can't sleep you get anxious and worry about getting ENOUGH sleep, and that wakes you up more . . . I hope that they are able to give you something so you can get back to a normal sleeping routine.

Love you! - JK

Anonymous said...

i think u might need to take 10mg-the 5 is not enough!! adios moe does work good once it works-i had post op used prior

Anonymous said...

Jane....I hope you got into your new jammies when you took a nap today LOL I miss you so much today...Wish I was still there with you all. Hope tonight is a better night for you. Did you fold Tim's boxer shorts? LOL Love you, Eileen

Anonymous said...

Just come in to work and enter a few JV's, you'll be sleeping in no time. Miss you!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Hello Jane: Just checking in on you lady. We will all continue to pray for pain free days for you lady. Sending our best to Barry and Time too.
Love Always,
Uncle Howard, Aunt Betty, Debbie & Howie
;} XO ;} XO ;} XO ;} XO ;}

Anonymous said...

it was nice talking to u just now at length with no pauses in your conversation!! a perfect way to start the week even though sleeping skills are lacking!!u havecome a long way baby in a couple weeks!enjoy your haircut now adios again moe and thank u tim for being your mom's chauffeur!!

Anonymous said...

Just to let everyone know that I stopped to see Jane and she took a 2 hr nap from 4-6 and was feeling much better. She has a little post nasal drip and was going to take some Sudafed. She was going to get her haircut!!!

Mo, I still have your sunglasses. I will get your address from Jane and send them to you.

Lisa