Sunday, May 18, 2008

A busy week ahead

I can only take a day at a time or else I get anxious. Looking into this week is the unknown which I don't like. I should realize that by having God by myself is power by itself. I have to work on that.

I'm headed to church this a.m. Using only my cane today for support on uneven pavement. Lisa has invited me to sit with her, and Tim will be driving. They are aware of my treatments this week, so will have tons of prayers to be with me.

I haven't talked about Barry in a long time. Without his love and support, I would not be here. With his cancer and him dealing with that crap, I don't know how he handles the situation. Continues to work full time, plus hours. This week he worked 6 days. They have extended his chemo treatment to be next month maybe, a total of about 6 months in between treatments. He continues to have discomfort, never complains. He is my strength. He worries that by not having the chemo as often that the cancer knows that and is growing.

So please don't forget my husband in your prayers, and my son Tim. He continues to do well in his grades. I don't know how he can concentrate on his studies but he does. I think that's how he puts it to rest.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jane,

Good luck this coming week. I think you know by now that you, Barry and Tim are always in our thoughts and prayers.....gerry, fred, gary and todd..

Anonymous said...

Caregivers are angels indeed. Prayers for Barry and Tim and you Jane as you begin your week. love, linda

Anonymous said...

Hi......I hope you have a good week with your treatments. Just think of sea food when you have your mask on. LOL I wish I could be there with you this week. Can't wait to see you and Tim. Love to all of you.......
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for you this week. Also, thinking of the rest of your family, tim and barry...you give each the strength to go on.
God's love and blessings upon all of you.
bj

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I pray for you and your whole family all the time.
tina

Anonymous said...

I know you will push through this week jane just like you always do. You can absolutely do it!!! We don't ever forget Barry.... he is such a strong person never complaining. It was so nice to have dinner with you and him last night. We enjoyed your company and smiles and good food. good luck tomorrow. I think Eileen had the best comment....think about the seafood while you have the mask on. You can do anything for good seafood!!! We love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

take the happy juice medicine!!! it will be over quickly adios moe

Unknown said...

You are in my thoughts this week. Hang in there. I will pray all week for you

Linda in florida

Basketwebb said...

You and yours are in my prayers for the upcoming week. I pray for the treatment to be successful, for you to be painfree and also that you will be relaxed during the entire process. You are in the Lord's hands. God Bless.

mitch z said...

DEAR JANE,
I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOUR WHOLE FAMILY.
SO SORRY I PICKED A TIME TO VISIT AS YOU WERE BEING TRANSFERRED TO REHAB IN GREENVILLE. I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE AS YOU LEFT! I WAS HELPING LOAD YOUR FLORIST SHOP INTO TIM'S CAR WITH YOUR SISTER AND DAD........HA HA (YOU DID HAVE SOME NICE FLOWERS)
IT WAS WONDERFUL TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET ALL YOUR FAMILY!
LET ME KNOW IF BARRY BOUGHT THE NEW HONDA. I HOPE RICK WAS A HELP FOR BARRY.
BE WELL AND KEEP UP YOUR FANTASTIC SPIRIT!
LOVE,
MICHELLE Z.