Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another detour in life accomplished

If you had asked me a few weeks ago about going throught cyberknife, just having to have the mask made and followed by an MRI of brain, after a long trip in ambulance from Greenville to Pittsburgh, without eating a lunch, and with lots of tears in my eyes and a splitting headache, I would have said no way. Not something I could have done. But I've just accomplished it this week. My life took another detour, and I'm on the road again. It's not always a smooth ride, believe me. But the key word is FORWARD. And it helps to have a plan.

When I got home today from treatment, I only had salad. And then immediately went to bed for a few hours. It was just an emotional week, tiring to get up and out so early, and just the not knowing what was going to happen. What else can I say?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

You have a come a long way! Congratulations on keeping one foot in front of the other. Your attitude floors me. So positive!

I loved your touching comments about Senator Kennedy's diagnosis. We know what getting that news is like, and I hope I can remain as grace-filled in dealing with it as you are.

Thanks for the pictures today. Just when I think I know about all of the options out there -- you teach me some new things.

In chapel in the morning, I'll include many prayers for you. I hope you will feel them. Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

It's the detours in life that give us the unexpected blessings. :-)

I hope you have a restful weekend - and enjoy all kinds of picnic food!!

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

forward what a good motto for you Jane!! This weekend you have so much fun to look forward to. I am so glad you are getting to go. Remember to give out lots of hugs from all of us here. tell all we love them!!! love ya
becky