Saturday, May 31, 2008

Blood work AOK

Thursday I went for my blood work in preparation for chemo on Tuesday a.m. All was OK. I was recognized by many in the office from the article in the paper, and from my recent brain tumor. Again, more angels.

My last and only treatment so far using gemzahr for the lung/breast cancer was on the weekend that I had issues with my brain. On April 11th, Friday, I received my first chemo of this type. Next day I did the Relay for Life. And by Sunday my brain started to play games. The rest is history, tucked away in memories I don't remember. Must be a reason for everything.

This a.m. I am going out to Dunkin Donuts with Patti for a special treat, a Coolata ice drink. Mmmm. Can't wait.

Updated 9:50 p.m.
After we went to Dunkin Donuts we came home to look at pictures. And Patti volunteered to plant my tomatoes and peppers. Would have taken me a couple of days. She's like me, likes to play in the dirt. I took a few pictures of her doing so. Have not downloaded them yet. She had never planted veggies, but has always done flowers. And dad, she knows about getting rid of footsteps when finishing the planting! Thank you, Patti.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti
cocktails at 4 ?

Anonymous said...

Great news...I hear you are motoring around quite nicely. Glad to hear that and so nice to see you the other night!
bj