Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Eileen heads home Wednesday. Thanks

I haven't felt good since I woke up yesterday a.m. Am sore in the intestinal area. Amy, my hospice nurse, has adjusted my medication a bit. Probably has something to do with medication I'm on. This week I've noticed that just climbing to the 3rd floor takes the wind out of me. So she suggested that I need someone to follow me up the stairs holding my portable oxygen. And yes, if need be take one stair at a time. On the personal side, I've had bowels moved along with gas, which I've been told are good things. Have to put the blame somewhere, so will put it on medication.

As you may have already received we're approaching another Relay for Life. I'm atttempting to clean up my address book so I apologize if you get the email twice. Hit me with a wet noodle!

Eileen heads home tomorrow p.m. Will certainly miss her. She's been a great help around here. Along with being Mrs. Clean she's been a special friend when I most needed one. At times silence was just what I needed! And I wholeheartedly appreciated every minute she was here.
Thanks!

PS. Welcome home, Rick F. Am sure just being in your own home will work wonders. No place like home. Can't wait to see you.

PSS. I may not always say it, but Thanks to everyone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a safe trip home today, Eileen. It was really great to see you last week.

I'm sorry your insides hurt, Jane. That is never fun, regardless of the cause or circumstances. Hopefully Amy's medication adjustment will help you feel better.

Perhaps you can sit outside in the sunshine a little today. The sun's warmth on your face feels so good.

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane...I am sitting across from you now wishing I wasn't leaving you. I know I can't be selfish so
Dad and Dougie can come to see you also. It was so wonderful spending time with you, even if you didn't feel well enough to talk. Just being with you was the best. Please always remember how proud of you I am and how much I love you. I will miss you, Barry and Tim so much. I know you are in good hands with Amy. She is the best nurse you could have and Hospice is so great. No good bye's just..see you later.
All my love with tears in my eyes..
Eileen

The Bill Rudge Ministries said...

You are a special person and what a wonderful family and friends you have. karen

Anonymous said...

Hello Ladies: Eileen have a safe trip back home and I am so glad that you and Jane had a great visit. I keep all of you in my prayers each and everyday. Jane hope that tomorrow is a better pain day for you lady. Making calls to the CT crew and hoping to get some contributions for your Relay for Life. I know that your Dad and Doug are next to visit and I wish you a wonderful visit with them. Keep your chin up my sparkling Wonderwoman!
Love Ya,
Debs ;-}

Anonymous said...

I finally got home with over a 2 hr delay in Philly due to bad weather in Texas...where plane came3 from. It was a long day. I miss you so much already. Hope you had a restfull day
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you made it home safely, Eileen. I can only imagine how much you miss her, Jane. I enjoyed meeting her. Hope you are feeling better this evening. Those pain meds can cause tummy troubles. Sounds like you are in good hands.

Love you! Ann L.

Anonymous said...

praying for safe travels Eileen. Nice to have met you. Anytime you need a singing phone call, just let me know. Same for you Jane, I'll sing anytime....still praying bec R