Thursday, March 05, 2009

What a day. Pain level is about a 3

As Amy left the house, I yelled to her to say that my pain level was about a 3. That is success in itself.

We even went out for Chinese food for lunch, followed by a nap, and then to Tim's chorus concert. And after all of these years playing the flute, it finally paid off with a solo. Couldn't take pix 'cause the lighting is always off. But the image will remain in my head for as long as I live.
And yes, I did shed some tears. Tears of joy for his accomplishment. Good tears. It was the first time Barry was able to see him in the chorus, plus Eileen also went.

One thing I forgot to talk about. Eileen took me to do errands this a.m. Banks and meds, just the normal. And then I had something pop into my head. Unplanned. I went to the college where I used to work and said hi to my old dept. Couldn't leave before also saying hi to the Prez. and Joe Ann. And I even got a bonus when I went to get my car. A parking ticket! from the college security. As I was going to go back and give the ticket to the Prez., a friend from Admissions Office took it from me and said she would take care of it. I don't sweat the small stuff. All these greetings to my friends made for a nice nap today.

No hospice until Tuesday when the "boss" Maureen will be here to meet her. I thought it would be nice having them introduce themselves to each other since both are R.N.'s.

Calvin, it was nice seeing you tonight. And thanks for caring so much. For a kid you're very caring and it's a pleasure to have met you.

PSS Mary Lou-Is that you in Anguilla! Where's your swimsuit?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day, Jane. I'm so happy to hear that pain is down there. You got a lot done today. I'm sure you'll rest well tonight.

Love, Ann L.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are doing well getting out and about. Tim playing a solo must have been music to your ears. It is beautiful in Anguilla. Everyday is a beach day! Hang tough! Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Jane you sound so happy - what a grand day you had! Praise God for those Hospice workers who truly improve quality of life!!

Congrats to Tim on his accomplishment - what a talented kid he is. You deserve to be so proud!

Love you!! JK

Anonymous said...

How amazing you are! You make every single day be your best day. What a lesson that is for every one of us. I had a doctor remind me once that no one is guaranteed a tomorrow. All that really exists is the current moment.
Ann P.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,
Just so thankful that your pain is less,and glad to hear that you are out and about! Good to know that Eileen is with you enjoying whatever you do...and without snow!! You don't miss it Eileen, do you? :) Enjoy the day.
Congrats to Tim on his concert and Solo!
Love,
JoAnn S.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wonderwoman: So the pain has finally decided to give you a break that is great! Sounds like the concert was a big hit for everyone. So glad that you are enjoying your sister's visit.
Love Ya's,
Debs ;-}