Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What more can I say?

This morning my hospice RN Amy stopped by. We are now on a weekly schedule but if needed she's a phone call away. While I was suffering all those months, she made me feel comfortable by just spending time with me and going through my meds to find the perfect recipe. Compared to my previous pain levels of 10, having a level of 2-3 presently is wonderful. And I think that pain is a result of my chest plate. Again, no complaints.

Well, my sister Maureen is leaving in the morning to go home. As my pictures said, having her make original toll house cookies was on the top of my list. And boy were they good. My intention is to freeze some (yeah..) for a rainy day. Have you ever eaten one frozen? Even better that way. Eileen will leave in a couple of days.

It's been a great time visiting with everyone. I can honestly say that I've done everything I wanted to do. (exception: no Cooke's fresh fried shrimp.) Perhaps I can put that in my bucket list. One more trip to the Cape for fried shrimp. A girl can dream, can't she? Another word to use would be FORWARD.


PS Happy Birthday, Rick F.! Hope to see you at the Music Man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder you haven't posted in a few days. You are a busy girl!!!
Lisa P

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics Jane!! Nothing like family to make the heart smile :)

Rick thanks for the b day wishes and says he'll see you at the musical. God willing!! He comes home FRIDAY!!! Almost 10 weeks away from home.

A trip to the cape....you should plan it... its your roots, your heartland. I've been to Martha's vineyard but never the actual cape. Have only heard wonderful things about it though.

Love and hugs and hopes for a great day..........linda f

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics Jane!! Nothing like family to make the heart smile :)

Rick thanks for the b day wishes and says he'll see you at the musical. God willing!! He comes home FRIDAY!!! Almost 10 weeks away from home.

A trip to the cape....you should plan it... its your roots, your heartland. I've been to Martha's vineyard but never the actual cape. Have only heard wonderful things about it though.

Love and hugs and hopes for a great day..........linda f

Anonymous said...

Hello Ladies: Loved the ties and the cookies made my mouth water! I miss toll house cookies also! The visits look like you are having a ton of fun and I am so happy for you ladies. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers for safe journies back to New England.
Love To All,
Debs ;-}

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane!

I hope Moe got going OK today. I'm sure it was difficult for you both to see her go. Distance between close sisters is hard to handle!! I'm glad Eileen can stay a few more days. She's such comic relief! :-)

Enjoy those cookies!! They are good RAW too.

And to Linda F ... I am really glad to hear your husband will be home soon after being in the hospital so long. God bless him!

Love, JK