Saturday, March 14, 2009

Relay for Life 4/4/09

Yes, it's that time again. Last year Tim did not participate in the Relay for Life but this is his last year in High School and he's looking forward to it. It's on April 4, 2009 at Westminster College where I used to work up until last year. Numerous health issues have entered my life since I last wrote a group email. I continue to blog my life which is an open book. The website is listed above. To sum it up: I've had chest resection 11/07, 2 bleeding brain tumors 4/08 and 12/08, and pleuresy of the lungs (cancer) (surgery involved) most recently. I've lost track where the cancer has gone. I have most recently decided to stop treatment and join hospice. Maintain quality of life rather than quantity of life. A decision I don't regret. My latest chemo treatment this month really hit me like a stick. That was it. Barry's cancer continues to stay put, no change in over a year. He's my angel, does all the cooking/grocery shopping and housekeeping. I went on disability last November after working full time through all this Tim continues to be my strength. Excels in his school work. Has been accepted at Penn State/Erie in the fall. Is the 10 with class rank last I knew. Smart kid. I do believe that is how he accepts this crazy life we have placed him in. So, if you wish to make a donation and know my address just mail the ck payable to American Cancer SocietyRelay for Life to me. Otherwise, leave comment and will email the address to you. Again, thanks for all your support.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

check will be in the mail!! glad you are still comfy!! love u lots moe

Anonymous said...

Jane...YOU are all of our strength. I am so proud of you. It doesn't seem possible that Tim is almost done school and starting a new chapter in his life. He is a wonderful young man because of you and Barry. I am very proud of him.
All my love
Eileen

Anonymous said...

So great to see you today Jane! I've been wanting to return that hug now for a year and finally got the chance. Last year that hug you gave me sustained me through my short ordeal. Thanks. Because you mentioned "awesome God" today, I've been humming it ALL DAY LONG! Thanks for that...good song but I need to get something else in me head for a while. Still praying and singing....bec R

Anonymous said...

Let's hope for a warm Survivor Walk Jane!!

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane, Ben is walking with Tim too! I am so proud of both of them.
Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Count me in. Check is in the mail! Love Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

I hope to join you again with Tina walking,too.
hugs,
bj