Thursday, March 05, 2009

Pain has been reduced and am very thankful..

Amy just left. She's my hospice R.N. Took some pix and will put them on my blog by the end of the day. (believe me). Yesterday she made up a written list of drugs and the times I should be taking them. I only had to add one breakthrough med during the day and I was fine. I did not take that pill in time, the pain had got ahead of me. But you learn from your mistakes.

So for the first time in many months, my pain has been significantly reduced! Some people would say it's a higher pain level, but I seem to tolerate it more and have got used to it. I am so thankful to Amy for working on getting this under control. Sometimes it's just a matter of taking the time and trying things out. Simple thing to do, just takes time.

It's a nice sunny day here. Already 46 degrees at 10 a.m. About to head out to do errands with Barry and Eileen. Tonight we head to chorus concert where Tim will perform a solo on the flute!
Lisa P.-am sure to be medicated so as to be comfortable for the concert. Don't want it to be like the band banquet and figedty (not sure of spelling).

Til later.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wonderwoman: So glad to hear that your pain is finally leaving. Also, glad to hear that you had a wonderful birthday! Keeping you in my prayers always.
Love Ya's,
Debs :-}

Anonymous said...

"Yea!" for your Hospice angel, Amy! Sounds like she will help you get that pain under control. Enjoy the concert!

Love and prayers, Ann L.

Anonymous said...

So glad your birthday was grand and that you are enjoying Tim's accomplishments. Amy seems to justify your "angels on earth" theory. Have a great time with family and know that your angel is right beside you. Prayers-MP

Anonymous said...

and thanks be given to the pain fairy who is taking away some of your pain!! this is now the new word that sounds better than plain pain!! enjoy the music of your son Tim tonight-his voice will sooth u as neil sedaka did!! of course enjoy Barry and Eileen too! will see u soon adios moe the boss as u call me!! i tell people at work that ask of u that u are enjoying every second of life-u go girl.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the concert!
Matt

Anonymous said...

Wow! It was great seeing you today! I hope you will enjoy the concert, we'll pray that you will be totally pain free. BTW, if you can't find a place to park again, you can park in the Admissions visitors spaces anytime. You, my dear, have SPECIAL VIP privleges!
love,
Denise

Anonymous said...

Jane>tell Amy we love her for chasing away the pain. Enjoy the concert and your family. Still praying...Bec R

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Tim was very, very, very good at the flute.

Clavin