Sunday, March 29, 2009

"i feel like i lost a job"

My job now is to pass the blog word on and today I sent an email to work for a posting for all to read in regards to a promise to Jane we had made. I specifically asked for my work friends to read some comments as they would understand how much my sister Jane meant to me and her family and large circle of friends. I find myself today still trying to believe she is gone-after all I have seen so many pass in my nursing career. Today was like I lost my job-my sister didn't tell me what the day was like-that I needed to post for her.For the past 4 plus years I have been going hand in hand with her on the cancer journey like so many other family and new and old friends starting with the first relay walk when she had just had chemo and was as bald as a cucumber but she held her head ever so high that day and everyday until her last breath on this earth. She once told me that u get it if u have been through cancer-u appreciate every second in time-u never have a harsh word for anybody. I also promised her that I would make sure people are reminded that random acts of kindness go a long way. Another promise was that I would be there for Tim and Barry for Tim's High School graduation in June and the party also. Well thanks to all for your heartfealt soul searching. I think we should put all the tears together and this summer there won't be a water shortage. Of course right now the Kleenex factory is empty. And yes Jane some laughter of past memories will get us thru this journey in memory of u this week. adios the whole family clan who loves u all

7 comments:

Susan said...

In all my prayers and thoughts for all of you during Jane's final journey, I didn't fully understand how to pray for the "after", focusing instead on the "during."
I know that Jane will always have something for all of us to do; she will continue to teach us, reach us and speak to us. Therefore, nothing is lost, only gained. God Bless You. XO, Susan

Anonymous said...

Maureen, As part of my morning ritual, I get my cofee, turn on my Christian music, read a devotional and then read Jane's blog. So this morning, I did what I always do just hoping that someone else had posted something that I could read...just a little piece of her. I am so glad you did. I think this blog will be good therapy for awhile for a lot of us. I hope you will continue to post especially after your service on Saturday.
May God Bless You and hold you in His arms.
Lisa P

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Lisa P. I've still been coming over here to read what anyone has to say. It is very comforting. Something in my heart speaks that Jane is reading also. I'm glad people are posting. It shows what a wonderful community of friends shared in Janes life all over the place.

anne bruening

Maureen said...

Moe,

You have not last your job. We all shall play a part in continuing this blog for Jane. I, for one, will continue to check it each and every day and continue to post comments. My love to your entire family.

Maureen (a.k.a. the other Mo)

Susan said...

Dear Eileen - In reading your blog I noticed something I don't think you meant to say and I know Jane certainly understands what you meant. I just don't want you to suffer any wrath from anybody who doesn't....the word "thoughtless" I'm assuming was supposed to be "thoughtful?"

Susan

Anonymous said...

Jane..I wrote this once and screwed it up...now you can have a good laught on me. I am sitting at Mom's on my laptop wishing I was sitting on your couch across from you. I miss you so much, but know in my heart you can see what I am doing. You will see my hits on your counter for a long time to come. LOL We have to smile for you as you are pain free and in a beautiful place in the arms of the Lord. It is hard to be on this earth without you, but I know you are happy. You are leaving us all the best memories, a wonderful son, Tim, and the best husband you could have, Barry. They will be well taken care of by all of us, so don't worry. I want to thank all of your friends that went on this journey with you. It was wonderful knowing they were there with you when I couldn't be, like today. You are in my heart and soul forever. All my love is flying to heaven for you....
Love
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Jane your hits counter has hit over 50,000. You would be amazed.
We Love you!