Saturday, July 23, 2005

A beautiful day

And for the first time since Mother's Day I rode my scooter. Got all fresh veggies from Amish buddies. Fresh corn which was so good. Doesn't even need butter or salt. Called extasy. Short blog for now. Have to enjoy the weather.

Yesterday I went to see Dr. Garrow as I started to have a cough. At times when I was at work yesterday, it would get so bad that I couldn't stop coughing. Had just started the day before. And I don't mess around with my health, especially since both of us are still under chemo drugs. They are so good at the Cancer Center, always fit you in. Dr. Garrow prescribed an antibiotic and a cough pill with some kind of narcotic in it. Have felt better today. We also discussed the night sweats. He said that if men went through menopause, the species would not exist anymore! He did prescribe an antidepressant for the night sweats which I will start after I get rid of the cough. The soy milk was not helping me at all. At first I thought negative about taking an antidepressant but after further thoughts have said why not. Menopause in itself can cause mood swings, and with everything going on in our lives perhaps it's worth trying.

Tim went for 2 hr. bike ride with his buddy Josh today. I'm so glad that he enjoys riding his bike and being outdoors. I had a slight headache and just rested while he was gone. Josh will be sleeping over tonight. He hasn't had a sleepover in quite awhile. Oh one more thing. I cooked a nice ratatouille (unsure of spelling) with sausage and all kinds of fresh vegetables that I bought today. Boy was that tasty.

We'll be going to church first thing in the a.m. I didn't go last week since I was not feeling well. Barry's just starting to feel the effects of his neulasta shot from yesterday. First thing that hurts is bottom of his feet. Has been relaxing and watching TV this p.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know the antibiotic seems to be helping with the cough. Thank goodness you will be on the upswing soon! Your body will be wondering where the chemo drugs are in another two weeks - and will be thanking you for not having them by making you feel better!

Good for you for taking your doctor's advice on the antidepressant. I know lots of women going through menopause (let alone CANCER!) who have used them. It's just amazing that hormones can have such an effect on one's body like that! I'm NOT looking forward to it . . .

Your description of your fresh veggies/supper is making me hungry! So glad you can enjoy that.

Hope Barry feels better soon. Thinking of you guys.