Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A day from you know what

Today was a day from you know what at work. I can not say a good word about the hours spent there. A computer virus hit many pc's at the bank, which created havoc. Not even given a lunch break, just food to eat at your desk. And then it was basically decided for dept. to stay after 5 p.m. I did not. I did take my lunch and sit in my bathroom lounge chair for a few moments. My brain was getting fried. And by 3:30 p.m. I had to take my pillow to lay down in that same lounge chair. Mentally fried. It hasn't even been a week since my last chemo, and this is not what the doctor prescribed. A headache that wouldn't go away, very much like a migraine. I had to call my friend in another dept. and she rounded up some excedrin for me. Thanks Chrys. And while I was resting, not one person even came looking for me. So, when 5 p.m. came around, I was in no shape to put in another second on this job. I was out of there. Came home and crashed.

At 9 p.m., I still have headache. Hopefully it will go away. Think it's stress related (no kidding) due to my neck also hurting.

No more blog tonight. Want to lie down again. Off at 9 p.m.

If tomorrow is like today, I will not make it a full day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane:

I'm so sorry yesterday was such a bad day for you. Sounds like you hit a real low with the headache - and it was brought on by stress on the job! That stinks. I sure hope today is a much better day for you. It's gotta be!!

Please tell Barry GOOD LUCK with his scans today. I am thinking of you all and will pray for a very positive result.

Anonymous said...

Every day I have you and Barry in my prayers. Today I and others have been doing that over time for Barry that he will have positive results.
Later,
Dave

Anonymous said...

Jane, NO job on earth is worth that kind of stress. Given what’ve you’ve gone through, and are continuing to deal with in your life, you should not have to take that kind of humiliation.

Stand your ground and do what’s right for you.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. Every day is unique and special...don’t let meatheads at work dictate how you will live them.

You guys are in my thoughts every day.

Hugs,
TimBa

Anonymous said...

You have reached the stage in your chemo where I was when I no longer could go to work. I was just too tired. Pay attention to your body. If it is telling you that you need to rest and sleep, do it. That is also part of your recovery from cancer. You are going to start feeling better soon.
Ann