Sunday, July 31, 2005

Tim leaves for band camp

Tim has packed his bag and is ready for band camp. Have to get him to school at noon time for his week long trip.

Just had a nice phone call from Mel and Lucinda F. as they are headed to Cleveland for the Browns' training and to see Mel Jr. They will be there for a few weeks. Hard to believe that pre-season football is just a few weeks away. Maybe Tim and I will go see some of this activity.

Drove Tim to the school at 12:30 p.m. He didn't want me to stick around so I left. Must admit that I shed a couple of tears as I drove away. Just don't tell him. I went to WalMart for some things. Drove back up to the school and all the buses were still there at 1:30 p.m. (expected time to leave). I could see the pile of trash bags which held everyone's sleeping bags and pillows. There were a lot of cars. But since Tim did not want me to stay, I silently drove away. Once again, don't tell him. I only asked that he call me at least once while he's gone. He just laughed at that!

Angels continued last week to bring us delicious food. Thanks to Jen, Sally, Becky AKA June, Michelle and my boss Michelle. Words can not express the gratitude we have for this gesture of love.

Thought of another name for my new "hair". Chia hair, like the commercials at Christmas.

Tim had only 1 song left to memorize while away. Had it been me, I could never have memorized even one song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will miss them, Jane! They are our our "ONLIES" and very SPECIAL in soo many ways.
Sean did not want Bill or I around this afternoon to see him off either. We stayed a little ...but a far distance AWAY! LOL (teens).
Sean is pretty nervous as he only has 3 songs checked off...now if it were a guitar...
It was great to see you the other night at the band camp meeting. Yes, you have the "baby peep's" fuzz growing!
I am going to be lonely this week,too. I may go wednesday not sure, just depends when I get off work Wed. If you want to go or need to send anything' please call me or I will call you.
blessings,
bj

Anonymous said...

I remember when we used to send our guys off to camp for two weeks every summer. THEY had a blast and WE had a blast being alone for two weeks. We watched TV at OUR leisure and ate food WE liked, and the house was quiet.

Of course, we missed the little buggers, but I’m sure it was an even swap for all of us.

I guarantee you, he’s enjoying himself being away, more than he’s missing being away from home.

Now you don’t have to wear clothes around the house for a week! :):):)