Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What a great vacation!

I arrived home a little past noon. Everything went smoothly. As the title says, What a great vacation!

It's hard to remember what happened the past couple of days. One way of summing it up is what my sister said: Family is everything!

We went to Nantucket on 7/9/05 and Barry and Tim arrived on this day. My parents drove me out to Barry's folks house to see the Kaminskes all together. It was great seeing everyone. Even Barry's only brother Matt and his son Tommy were there for a few days. In fact, we ended up having Tommy spend couple of days with us at the campground. Good chance for the cousins to play together. After our visit, we had dinner at the Seafood Shanty overlooking the Cape Cod Canal (where we camped).

7/10/05 Maureen drove my parents over to the visit us at the campground. Got to see Doug and Stephanie, along with their pooch. Matt also joined us for the afternoon. I had reserved a campsite for them right beside us. Doug has a 38' motorhome. Gorgeous. Since Doug has his own restaurant and is a chef, he prepared us a gourmet dinner which included chicken, ribs and sirloin tips. Maureen provided a blueberry cobbler dessert. The campsite is a stone's throw from the beautiful Cape Cod Canal. After dinner, Doug prepared a couple of fishing poles for Tim and Tommy to use on the canal. They never did catch any fish!

7/11/05 Barry, Tim, Tommy and I went to visit my father. Tim and Tommy ended up going to the beach with Maureen and my mother. They didn't have bathing suits, just shorts. They had a blast. It was such a hot day. They said the ocean was "refreshing." While they were gone, Barry worked on my father's computer. At lunch we dined overlooking the harbor and the boats taking off for the islands. We then returned to the campground. Barry's family visited us for dinner. Matt had cooked ribs in slow cooker all day. I provided the famous Grandma's Pie Shop pie which was banana split cream pie. Mmmmmmm.

7/12/05 My father picked me up at 6:30 a.m. for Providence airport. I got there early but that was OK. Better to be early than late. The flight was very smooth.
Did shed a tear or two but quickly remembered all the laughs and good times I had just enjoyed. What a great vacation. A vacation that I greatly needed. Now it's Barry and Tim's turn to enjoy their vacation on Cape Cod. I have heard from them this afternoon. They were visiting the rest of the Kaminske family today. I had not been able to see Matt's wife Wendy and 3 of their children due to my flight.

I have attempted to remember everything. But you know how my mind is.....

Back to work tomorrow. And just in time for blood work for my LAST CHEMO on Thursday. Jody is taking me to my appt. and then treating me for lunch in celebration. She's also a survivor.

Again, FAMILY IS EVERYTHING.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jane, welcome home. Such beautiful, beautiful pictures of you and your family. I agree family is everything. A trip to the ocean can be a wonderful and relaxing experience. (Fred, my son Gary, my second son, Mark and his wife, Heidi, and our granddaughter, Paige E. just recently returned from the Outer Banks....so beautiful...)
Good luck, Jane, on your upcoming chemo......So glad it's finally your last treatment. Take care, gerry

Anonymous said...

JANE.. reading all your updates what a nice time you had. like all the pictures. it is neat to see what everyone looks like now..