Friday, July 01, 2005

A Long Weekend and Finally a Holiday to Enjoy

Forgot to mention that Barry was able to sleep some yesterday. I'm his magic sleeping pill! Was glad to hear a few snores here and there. Went out at lunch and brought back panera for him.

It's Friday and it's been a long week. Am even taking a pillow to work to rest during lunch in a 2 seater chair that has been put in foyer leading to bathroom. You see, angels work silently at work too. Red, white and blue day at work so am going to wear my new Angels walk among us shirt from American Cancer Society.

Barry went to bed at about 4:30 a.m. only to just lay there. As I said, drugs.

I telephoned Michele R. during my lunch today. She got good news from her surgery on Tuesday. Clear margin on tumor that was removed and lymph nodes are negative! I gave her Dr. Garrow's phone number to conect with for oncologist. Again, good news for her.

During lunch I took my pillow and rested on my new chair. Felt so good and relaxin to do so. Even bought a new travel size pillow to keep in my desk for future use. Going to bring in some oil to fix the squeaking noise in door leading to room. That was a bit annoying. Wonder what people thought as they saw me resting. Probably wanting to nap with me!

This evening I finally connected with Michele W. from the next town. She goes to our church and I met her at a relay walk awhile ago. I talked with her as if I had known her for a long time. Very nice person to talk to. Only 33 years old and has just finished her 6 session of chemo. Radiation will follow. She's going to teach me how to do scarves after church this week. She always looks so nice. Another angel, what can I say.

No comments: