Thursday, July 07, 2005

Fresh Cape Cod Air.....

Well, the different state did not cause the night sweats to disappear. Could only wish.

But here I am on Cape Cod. Ready to enjoy my first full day. My sister Maureen will be arriving by noon. Can't wait to see her. Have nothing planned to do (as far as I know). A cool overcast day with temps in 50s. Not going to get any better I guess.

Mom and I went to the Mall and I finally bought a pair of hoop earrings. We're such good shoppers, we got out of the mall within an hour. I also was ready for my next Cape Cod meal.

By the time we got home, Maureen had arrived. Went out to another seafood restaurant, Cook's, and once again had fried shrimp. I think I'm going to turn into a shrimp. Can't get this kind of food in Western Pennsylvania. Delicious. We took Mom to get a haircut and while Moe was inside with her, I noticed a nice looking man heading in there. I was outside waiting. I said to him "if you go in there, you'll come out looking like me." He didn't laugh like I expected, but looked serious. When he entered the store, he made comment to my family questioning if in fact the store had shaved my head. Mom said no, that I was going through chemo. Also, said that Barry was going through same treatment. He then turned and looked out the window at me and laughed. Boy, when Mom and Maureen came out we had such a belly laugh! Felt so good to laugh. I also had a woman from the store take our picture standing outside the sign saying ProCuts. You have to make the most out of life!
Would have made a good segment for Girls Behiving Badly or Candid Camera.

Mom, Maureen and I are heading to a show of some kind at the Sheraton Hotel tonight. It's male twins/ Edwards Twins/ who impersonate singers both male and female. Looking forward to that. By the way their website is www.theedwardstwins.com if you want to read about them. (I'm not getting paid to tell you this!)

At the show, two sisters (one from Florida and the other from Ct.) and their parents from Hyannis sat with us. You couldn't ask for better company. I think the sisters were in their 40s, so basically same age group as us. The show was wonderful. I can't even remember all the celebities we saw perform: Cher, Elton John, Sonny Bono, Neil Diamond, Bette Midler and Barbra Streisand. They performed every detail to the point while you were watching them perform, it was the actual singer, including Barbra's hand motions to her hair and Elton's facial expressions. For 90 minutes I was elsewhere and chemo free. It was a good group to sit with and be with, clapping and enjoying the show. They do not lip sync, they actually do the voice impersonations. Truly amazing. It was Maureen's idea to get out and I'm so glad she had this idea.

After the show, I took pictures of one of the twins along with our table of friends. (Pictures of my vacation will follow when I return home to download them).
I told this man my personal story and that I was truly touched by their performances. He in return gave me a special hug. I handed him and the people I sat with a small personalized card that I created showing my blog address. I love to share my/our story with others who touch my heart. It's truly amazing how people come into your life and make it that more memorable.

Tomorrow my brother Doug will be seeing us, along with his wife Brenda and daughter Stephanie. Looking forward to seeing them. It's been more than a year since I saw him. It's time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane.. your pictures are so nice that you sent...can't wait till don checks them out to rub it in about golden boy and if you go to tiki port that will really make his day.