Friday, July 15, 2005

The day after, a day to rest

My internet is DOWN completely. So thank goodness for a neighbor who has allowed me to use her PC. Would never want anyone to worry about me in not posting.

Wish I could report that I slept soundly but I can't. Night sweats continue to be bad. Every 1 1/2-2 hrs. I am awoken by them. Going to buy some soy mild today since Dr. Garrow recommended it at bedtime. Will try anything.

Slight headache as expected. Off to get neulasta shot and something to eat. And then I think my bed will be calling me.

Cable may take up to a week to get fixed so don't worry if I'm not online. I'm here in spirit.

Thanks Diane for use of your computer...

Am glad to report, that for this moment, my cable is up and running. A miracle. I won't hold my breath.

Today was busy day for me. I didn't work as is usual for the day after chemo. Slight headache, keeping it in control with excedrin. Don't want it to get out of control. I picked up some corn, peaches and tomatoes from road stand. I went to cancer center and got my procrit shot and neulasta shot. I then went to grocery store to pick up some fruit and some soy milk to take at bed time. I've said this before and I will now repeat myself. You meet the nicest people in grocery stores. While shopping, a woman came up to me and said some kind words. Not even sure what they were exactly, something about looking good. I thanked her and as I did, she lifted up her ball cap and revealed a wig covering a bald head. She introduced herself to me. The name clicked in my memory bank. Awhile ago, someone told me that the owner of this grocery store I was in was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. And this woman was her, Aileen. I gave her one of my hand made calling cards showing my blog address. And as you can see, not only is she an angel, she is an angel who reads and comments on blogs!! Again, any other time we would have never had a conversation. Bad things can become good things, friendship.
And I thank her for being there today when I needed a friend.

After shopping, I picked up a takeout order at restaurant which will be lunch/dinner. I had to go to hospital to pick up pre-meds for Barry's CT scans next week. This test is scheduled for next Wednesday. Please pray for smaller tumor or even no tumor. Only after he is better will I be totally better! Eventually did lie down for awhile. Never actually slept but had rest time anyway. Sort of nice being home by myself, not to answer to anyone. No trash compactor opening closing, no phones ringing. I have talked to Barry and Tim today. They bought bikes while on the Cape. Barry got a used one at bike shop and Tim got himself a new one. Tim really needed one. At times he rides about 10 miles around here by himself. You don't see many kids out there riding bikes, but he does.
And now I'm sure they will be enjoying the canal bike path this weekend with their bikes. With everything we've been through, any expense is worth it. No need to justify.

This weekend my aches will be returning, but this will be the last weekend for them. Hurrah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your journal and tried to leave a comment before, but it just didn't register. I must have done something wrong. I'm so glad you are finished with chemo. You have gone through a lot. I liked your pictures from the Cape and are so glad Barry and Tim made it up there.
Linda