Thursday, August 04, 2005

1st Meeting with Radiation Oncologist

The appt. is at 8 a.m. Will post more about it tonight.

It's been 3 weeks since my last chemo so therefore this would have been a chemo day. How strange.

I met with the dr. In his examination he noticed something in the other breast. I have to go have a mammogram tomorrow morning. Not what I had expected to hear today. Am a bit down right now, but praying that it's just cysts like I was subject to. But I had an examination from the other dr. when I first began chemo and it wasn't there. Can only think that with all this chemo drugs it can't be anything bad. Will keep you posted. My blood counts came out good today. No need for Procrit which by the way costs $1500.00. I saw that on my insurance statement.

My next appt. to get prepped for radiation is next Tuesday.

My mind hasn't stopped thinking of tomorrow's mammogram. But am hearing from a lot of people that once you have cancer, every little thing has to be checked and rechecked. I am glad that the appt. is in the morning. I have to stay focused and positive and know that the waiting is the worst thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...fuzzhead...Stay positive! Just because you don't know what it is, does not mean it's something bad.

You've come this far...and you'll finish it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane - Sorry I haven't been blogging but I have not been at home. I have been staying at Dianes. If positive engery is what you need, you got it kid! Hang in there! Love Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Jane,
I will be praying for you! And, of course, sending lots of POSITIVE energy and good chi! You get that gorgeous baby (teenager) home and LOVE on him tonight. You WILL get good news.
See you tonight!!
bj