Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hair does grow back

All quiet on the home front. Nothing new to report. Off to work.

Tomorrow morning I meet with radiologist oncologist to see how many treatments of radiation I will be going through.

It was on May 25, 2005 (about 10 weeks ago) that my hair was falling out. I took control that day and had it shaved off. And here I am today to report that my head has noticeable hair growing on it. People at my job come up and mention that fact to me. And I've had a few people ask to touch my knew born hair (for some reason mostly men)! Of course I tell them it's OK. It's hard to believe it's coming back. I have to stop and look at myself in the mirror just to see it. But you know, for these 10 weeks I've held my head up high and walked around with strength I never knew I had. I wore a wig for about 4 hrs. and other than that I just wore a couple of hats and many bandanas. For the most part I wore nothing but my smile. That was how I was most comfortable. I know there are many people going through chemo but I have never seen another female walking around bald. I was hoping to make a fashion statement and start a trend. Time will tell.

This evening the kids at band camp put on a show. I did not go to it. The camp is about 2 hrs. from here and I think the show was going to be very brief. My friend BJ went to it. She just called me to tell me that she saw Tim and gave him a hug for me. The day before Tim left for camp he had a bad headache and his vision was off a bit. So I asked BJ to ask Tim how he was feeling. He said great. The kids were so energized. She told me that each freshman had a senior buddy. And Tim's buddy gave him pink furry handcuffs! So that got a lot of laughs at camp. I'm so glad that BJ took the time to call me, even though she still has a long drive home.
Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck tomorrow, Jane....At last, you can see a light at the end of the tunnel....gerry