Saturday, August 06, 2005

Street Fair

Our town is having a little street fair this weekend. So that's where we'll be heading at lunch time. A chance to check out some good food.

Later this evening we've been invited to a get together at our friends' home. That should be nice.

Barry, Tim and I went to the fair at noontime. There didn't seem to be as many food vendors this year. We had a little something to eat. Barry enjoyed a fresh Amish donut and both he and Tim had fresh Amish ice-cream. While there a woman came towards me with a beautiful hat on as if she knew me. Very classy looking. And of course she did. The problem was that she didn't seem familiar to me. She re-introduced herself to me as Aileen M. whom I had met a few weeks ago, another breast cancer survivor. The other time I had seen her she had a cap on with fake hair. She owns a local grocery store and I was shopping in it that day. She was at the fair today enjoying the singing talent of her daughter. It was so nice of her to once again come up to me. And even more nice of her to take the time to post a comment on my blog about our meeting. Thanks Aileen! You're another special angel in my life.

In the evening we went to our friends home for a get together. It was a chance to talk and socialize with friends. And the kids were able to be kids in the yard. Once it got dark, we had a fire and were able to cook samoas. A small gathering but when you are able to talk to everyone which made it even more nicer. We are so blessed to have such good friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great seeing you at the Fair today. you look great! And I just know things will be going well for you...they have to!
Aileen