Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Radiation/Day 3

Maureen suggested I have an advent calendar where I can open up the dates as I go through my radiation countdown.

Ditto for the job today....But one thing, I actually got an email from my supervisor saying thanks for the hard work these past days. That was nice. She and I have been the sole workers.

While waiting for my appt. I got to talking with the woman who goes before me. She actually lives in same town, one street away. Small world isn't it. Very nice woman, her name is Kathleen. Another woman there actually comes from a pool every day, now that's the life I want to have! Says her suit is sometimes still wet.

Tim played at the local county fair in the band this evening. Pretty active fair for such a country area. Lots of people there. I got stood up though. My son is growing up too fast. Decided he would rather hang out with the girls rather than me. How cruel is that!!? So I gave him the money and he was on his way to a fun evening. Me, I settled for some french fries by myself. Not what I had planned to do but at least he's happy.

Now I'm home. Tim's got a ride home with his friends. We're so lucky to have such good friends to take Tim places. Truly blessed.

One more thing. Opened up my mail to find that I got summoned for Jury Duty! But alas, I can't serve since I will still be going through radiation. Shucks. Would have been so much better than working. Just have to get doctor's note showing my medical condition. I can not miss any radiation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue, the girl from the pool, actually rides her bike to radiation..... she is an incredible person/friend...an inspiration to all of us.
Let me know if you need real aloe gel from the plant..I share!!!
Aileen