Monday, August 15, 2005

My first radiation appt. today

I was unable to sleep from 2-5 a.m. this morning. Literally just layed in bed, tossed and turned. Seems to be the norm lately. Off to work.

Well, one radition down/34 more to go! The treatment is only minutes, it takes me longer to get dressed/undressed. Don't feel a thing, just hear the sound of the machine. Afterwards, I have to put aloe vera gel on the area several times a day to prevent burning/peeling.

Very busy day at work today but I managed. Only me and one other girl. Did take 1/2 hr. lunch to relax.

That's it for now. A mentally tiring day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not able to sleep, its often recommended that you have some soft music, no words, preferably with no ADS like cd

Anonymous said...

…get a “sound machine”. It’s the size of a alarm clock/radio and you can get waterfall, wind, wave or rain sounds. It’s really cool.