Sunday, August 28, 2005

Tim and I slept in camper last night for something different. Eileen, you said the rain was soothing as you slept in camper in April: last night it kept me awake! It would come down heavy at different times during the night. I think I'll be napping this afternoon...

Off to church. Checking out a new one to see if they play more upbeat music.

Church results: shorter mass and music a bit better. But not like the church we went to on Long Island. I never realized how modern that church was until we left and came here.

Before Barry went to work we made a trip to Dutch Isle for some ice cream. In front of the restaurant the town has one of those signs that displays the speed you are traveling. While we were sitting there a buggy flew by so fast. And we thought of TimBa. If only he was with us to videotape that, plus we wondered if the buggy's speed showed on the display! He certainly was going more than 35 mph. Where were you when we needed you?

I took a nice afternoon nap (continue not to have sweats). Tim rode his bike for about 3 miles.

After dinner, Tim and I did short walk.

All in all, a pretty nice weekend. But then, it was a pretty nice week!

I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful meals that were delivered to us. And to Michelle S. who co-ordinated the schedule. They were truly a blessing. I've called her and for now the angels can have a break. But she has told me that I can start it up at any moment. And I also want to thank everyone who has taken Tim to and from an event. I know this will continue but I am truly appreciative. I've learned to accept help along the way.

Here's to a new week. Tim is now a freshman, new classes, and new activities. He will be playing in the band at our first football game this Friday. Even though I'm not much of a school football fan I think I will enjoy just seeing him play each game.

No comments: