Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Getting ready for radiation

I had an 8 a.m. appt. at the Cancer Center today in preparation for radiation. At this time the doctor literally mapped out my breast to where the radiation will be going to. Drew a lot of dots and lines on it and then the technician put some kind of CT scan tapes with mini wires attached to it on the drawings. I then was put through the CT scan machine for about 10 minutes of scanning. Before all this, I lay down on a type of pillow, rested my hands over my head and then a machine sucked the air out of the pillow and made a hard mold of my upper body/head. This will be used each time as I get radiation to make sure that I am in same position each treatment. Within a week I will be going back for X Rays and then treatment will begin. Right now someone is sitting down and preparing how and where the radiation will be administered.

These past couple of days I'm feeling the lack of sleep catch up on me. I yawn on the way to and from work. Today at work the afternoon dragged so for me. I wanted just to lay down and sleep. Upon getting into the house I told Barry and Tim I was heading to bed. I couldn't wait just to get under the covers. I rested for about 2 hrs. and then got up. Still tired but at least I dozed a bit. I'm going to try to get to bed earlier than usual. I've heard that radiation's effect can be fatigue and I don't need that on top of already being tired.

No comments: