Sunday, August 07, 2005

A day to rest up

Last night was the least slept night I've had recently. Am thinking it could have been due to a spicy chicken dip I had at party last night. It wasn't too spicy but now I remember that you should avoid spicy food when going through night sweats. It sure was good though. Usually I can fall back to sleep after waking up with the sweats, but not last night. I would just lay there for an hour or so. Think I got up about every hour.

The devil did tempt me not to go to church this morning but my heart won out. I did hop right back into bed as I was changing my clothes and slept for about 90 minutes.
I can feel the lack of a good night's sleep catching up on me. I have started on the medication that the doctor gave me. It's been only 3 nights so it's too soon to see any results. I've been told that it works for about 70% of women going through it. I hope I'm one of those. I need some relief if I'll be starting radiation on August 15th. I'll be going Monday through Fridays for seven weeks.

So, considering it's Sunday I think it's time for a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane - WIth the night sweats and all your body is telling you to rest. LISTEN TO IT! Please. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Have I told you lately how proud I am of you, Barry and Tim. You are all doing fantastically well! Love Mary Lou