Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Radiation/Day 13

Internet was down last night. Boy did I feel lost without it.

Found out today at work that someone in my department is moving to another department. His name is Matt and for all those busy days at work, he was the other person usually answering the calls with me. I will truly miss him as he is one of the "good guys." I'm happy for him, sad for me. And I realize that management probably doesn't even realize that this is a loss to the department. Oh well. He's going to be working with a friend of mine called Leya (she left our dept. end of last year). Funny how things work out.

When I got home from picking Tim up from soccer, I found an aloe plant on my doorstep. There was no note. I was so pleased to get such a thoughtful gift. I could not figure out who left it there. A short while ago, my neighbor Eleanor B. called to tell me that she had left the plant for me. Just another angel in my life! I had spoken to her over the weekend and told her that Aileen had given me some aloe pieces and that I was using them. Just another kind gesture. Thanks.


Barry goes for his 6th chemo treatment tomorrow. I won't be going with him, but plan to visit with him after my 3 p.m. radiation treatment. Isn't that nice: one in chemo/the other in radiation. Who could have predicted such an event? He wanted to go solo and hope to sleep some while there. I'm going to bring him a special dessert when I see him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To Barry the Boss..We pray to the heavens that you get good results from your treatment Thursday....Maybe the freezer at work will be filled with Klondikes soon. Well maybe Aldi's Klondikes. LOL
"THE CRAZY SWEATY PERSON FROM WORK"
We are thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

Barry...catch some zzzzzzzz's while you do the chemo. Dream of the JETS beating the Steelers in the AFC Conference game 38-14, then the JETS beating the COWBOYS 54-21 in the Super Bowl.

It IS possible you know.

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!!