Saturday, October 29, 2005

Hometown fun

After sleeping in a bit today, we decided to go to the Outlets. Aeropastle had a big sale this weekend, 50% off everything in the store. That was the reason we went, but we ended up buying Rockport shoes and a new leather jacket at Wilson's leather. We couldn't believe the big savings at the stores. May go back tomorrow to check them out again. I love a good sale.

Today our town at it's Halloween parade. One of the top things that happen in our town. I was asked to be one of the chaperones for Tim's band. It was the first time I was able to volunteer. It was so much fun for me. I was so proud to walk next to and with the band. A great bunch of kids. About 1/2 of them dressed in costumes. Tim was not one of them. Maybe next year he will.

After the parade we were invited to go out to dinner with our friends: the Hoppes, LeJeunes and BJ. Some familiar names if you read my blog. Friendship is what has kept us going. We had such a great time. The teenage boys were able to sit by themselves. I felt pretty lucky to know that Tim chose to come out to dinner with us rather than go to a friend's party. You never know how long that will last.

I look back at today and come away feeling pretty blessed. Able to spend all day with family and friends. You can't beat that. I didn't even have a nap.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I am gald you love this town. So do I!!

Lisa