Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday

Barry cooked another great meal for us today. Marinated flank steak with some great seasonings, and cooked it on the grill. Unlike when I cook it, it was just perfect. Nice and juicy. Along with mashed potato and corn. Can't get much better.

Tim and I did lawn duty, ours and the neighbor's. I love being outside and just cutting the lawn. Quite easy when all you have to do is sit and drive the mower. Tim did weedwacking and raking. Both lawns look great.

Tim got together with 2 of his friends and went golfing today. For $4.00 they played 9 holes of golf. Pretty inexpensive fun. I wish he would do that more often.

We cooked 2 loaves of bread for Tim's latin class. It's for extra credit. Believe me, I'm no cook. That's why Tim didn't mention it to me earlier. Figured I was not up to it then. Had never made it before, called pompeian bread. Would like to taste it but have to send both in to school. Hope they enjoy it. I also made another apple pie this evening. Barry keeps going to the orchard, and I keep making pies. Mmmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

If you ever get tired of eating those apple pies, send one my way!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Those dinners being prepared by your husband sound so good! I think the boys had a great time golfing!
Hope things are going smoothly at work.
thinking of you all tonight...
bj