Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Angels

Blood test tomorrow in preparation for 3rd chemo on Thursday. And then I only have 1 treatment left. Yeah.

A much better day at work today. Even though we were one person short, for some reason it was a better day for me. One thing that truly made my day was when the woman in charge of our center stopped by my desk and gave me a beautiful plant. It was a ceramic angel with a pot attached to it with all kinds of green plants in it.
Quite heavy also. She was given it by two other ladies, and thought it would make a nice gift for me considering all that I'm going through. Boy, what a nice lady. She's a pleasure to work for. I have so many angels in my life.

Tim and I went to pick up a couple of items at grocery store this evening. I was approached by a woman I did not know who quietly said to me "It grows back." I was bald as can be, no head covering. Of course, she was talking about my hair. She had cancer eight years ago and had gone through chemo. She knew what I was going through. I thanked her for her nice comment and for taking the time to even talk to me. Another angel put in my life.

Barry's tooth is less painful today. He will be on antibiotics until it is pulled next week. He will be having blood work done beforehand just to make sure his counts are OK for his turn at chemo next week. Just a necessary precaution.

Been a little over a week, and my pimples on my head are disappearing. No pustuoles are showing, and where there were some they are drying up nicely. Am very thankful for that.

So with all this happening to me today, my life is pretty good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your day was good. You deserve it, and many more!!
Meg