Thursday, June 16, 2005

Not working today- AKA Pimple Head

I was up at 3 a.m. with such a sore head from the pimples. I ended up taking a percocet and figured then that I would probably not go to work today. I thought it best to see the doctor again today as a follow up to my appointment the other day. I want an opinion from an expert on the condition/status of these pimples. I can be sitting and at the same time I am aware of the pain in the area that they are clustered. Almost as if they were alive. Strange.

My appointment is this afternoon. And since I'm not at work, I truly can do the best thing and just expose my head to fresh air rather than cover it. Considering everything I'm going through, I haven't used much time since going through chemo.
Days of chemo and days following chemo. Not bad. And if I get different drug next time for anti nausea, that may take the head aches away so I can work the following day.

Saw nurse practitioner this p.m. Said this is not a common side effect. Inflammation/irritation of hair follicles. If it's not better in couple of days, she has written up a prescription for an oral antibiotic for me.

Tim went and saw Batman movie today with his buddies. Said it was a good movie. 2 hrs. long.

Our dinner tonight was brought over by Sally, Tim's English teacher. She used to watch over Tim during her class after she knew what we were going through. A guardian angel. The dessert was provided by Tawnee, a mother of one of Tim's classmates/fellow bandmember. Everyone's generosity is truly amazing and deeply appreciated. It's hard to express in words exactly how I feel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane - You are such a trooper!! Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Pimple-head!
You knooooooooooooow I’m never going to let that one go. It’s your new nickname.

From the tone of your blog, I think you’re doing pretty well in the stamina department. And, anyone who’s offended by your appearance and has a problem with it…remember, it’s THEIR problem not yours. So many people are wrapped so tight in their opinions and perceptions. Like whether or not you wear a scarf actually has a meaningful impact on the cosmos in general. There are so many more important issues in life to confront, and you’re doing a damn good job of handling what’s on your plate.

You, Barry and Tim have crossed over into another reality that few can comprehend and/or understand. You don’t have to make excuses or apologies to anyone… anytime.

Lots of hugs to you.

TimBa