Saturday, June 25, 2005

Day 3 following Chemo #3

Slept through until 5 a.m. for bathroom break, and then back to bed until 9ish. Just a mild headache that I'm going to attack with some excedrin and pepsi.

It's already 76 outside. So you know where I'll be most of the day. Inside where I have nice central a/c. Too hot for me.

I've just received an email from Julie who I met yesterday at the Relay. That is a blessing as she told me she was not a computer/email kind of person. A true new bosom buddy.

After picking Tim up from his sleepover, I finished cutting the lawn down by the creek. And then I could feel the neulasta kicking in. Tim heated up some pizza for me and I hit the bed. I rested for a couple of hours. It's hard to explain how my body is feeling. It's like having the flu, when your bones ache. Takes a lot of energy just to get up. The headache returned today and doesn't want to go away.
When I woke up, the only thing I had on my mind to do was to get some ice cream at Dutch Isle down the road. I grabbed Tim to ride with me. We also brought a cone home for Barry. It took all my strength just to stand at the counter to order the cone. But it sure did taste good. After eating the cone, I went back to bed until about 5ish.

I defrosted the spaghetti sauce and meatballs that Meg had made us awhile back. And that was our dinner tonight. Sure did come in handy on a down day for me. Very tasty. Thanks Meg.

I telephoned Michelle who goes to my church and is also going through treatment for breast cancer. I always see her in church (met her at a Relay walk a few weeks ago) and admire her strength, and how pretty she looks in her scarves! I need her to give me lessons. She has 2 young children and I'm sure it's quite difficult for her during these times. I'm lucky that Tim is a teenager. Her husband told me that she was resting. She just had her last chemo on Tuesday. I totally can understand that she is resting. Will try to reach her another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear jane,i do love to reAD THIS IT ALLWAYS UPLIFTS ME ALOT,IT SOUNDS YOU DO HAVE ALOT OF ANGELS AROUND YOU ,IT IS SO GREAT TO HAVE GREAT ,GREAT FRIENDS IT SOUNDS LIKE TRUE BLUE FRIENDS.TO ME THEY ARE HARD TO FIND. AT WORK I HAVE ONE GOOD FRIEND DIANA. I CAN count on her no matter what,that makes me feel good. say hello to barry and your son tim.see you later donna.

Anonymous said...

dear jane,i do love to reAD THIS IT ALLWAYS UPLIFTS ME ALOT,IT SOUNDS YOU DO HAVE ALOT OF ANGELS AROUND YOU ,IT IS SO GREAT TO HAVE GREAT ,GREAT FRIENDS IT SOUNDS LIKE TRUE BLUE FRIENDS.TO ME THEY ARE HARD TO FIND. AT WORK I HAVE ONE GOOD FRIEND DIANA. I CAN count on her no matter what,that makes me feel good. say hello to barry and your son tim.see you later donna.