Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A friend follows in my steps today

Michele R. is having surgery this a.m. for her breast cancer. Am asking everyone to pray for her as she goes through a similar experience that I've been through. She's a positive person like me, so I know she'll do just fine! Will stop by her house after work today to check her out.

Headache has returned. Time for excedrin.

Barry has tooth extracted today. Also keep him in your prayers.

This cycle seems to be wearing me down more than the others. But probably doesn't help that my counts were low, and that procrit doesn't kick in for about a month. Just very tired, mentally and physically. I seem to cry very easily. Heck, could it be the stress?! Boy, I can not wait for next week when I get away to visit the family in Cape Cod. A dream come true.

My right arm is very tender/sore. It was a bit sore last week and that's why they used the other arm for chemo. It's the side that my lymph nodes were removed from so I'm a bit concerned. It hurts at the bend. No swelling in fingers. I did what I never thought I would ever do. I actually called my oncologist who is my neighbor just to ask him about this. You have to worry about lymphedemia (not sure of spelling) when you've had surgery I had. He said just what Maureen had said. As long as no swelling/numbness, just take percocet and if still sore in a.m. call for an appt. I felt bad calling him at home but it was something I needed to do. A very nice and comforting man to talk to.

I spoke to Michele R. this evening. She had a very long day with her procedures today. She was also ready with her pain killer. I know somewhat of the pain she is experiencing. It's not a fun thing to go through. I dropped off a book for her that has daily inspirational readings in it, along with an angel medalion called HOPE. This was the same medalion that someone gave me when I started my journey. It is with me always to keep me going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!...just in case Barry can't say it with a tooth missing. But the good news is; it'll stop hurting.

Best wishes and good thoughts to both you guys...and Timmy too!

(sounds like a line from the Wizard of Oz...and Toto too!)