Friday, June 03, 2005

Day after Round 2 Jane

Am not going to work today. Still have headache and was unable to sleep AT ALL last night. That's side effect of the anti-nausea drug decadron. Literally watched each hour go by on my clock. Got Tim on the bus and heading back to bed with new meds.

Have an appt. at cancer center this a.m. and will also get my neulasta shot. And this will cause the flu-like symptoms throughout the weekend. At least I know what to expect. Even though I don't feel up to par now I do realize I have a lot of friends looking out for me and wanting to know how I feel. That's why I post anyway.

Continue to have slight headache during the day. Am trying to not have it get any worse. Am taking percocet for it. This morning Barry asked me to cut his hair. Wasn't on my to do list but I did it. Went very short but ended up shaving it all off due to blotchy areas that had already come out. He shaved the moustache first.
Had never seen him without one. So, Tim: we are officially coneheads. And the pictures that follow will prove it. Just not taken on couch like you spoke of.

Afterwards, we stopped by Barry's job to show his boss anc co-workers and then we went to the cancer center for appointment and for my neulasta shot.

Got home, ate a little lunch and got into bed for about 3 hours. Got up so I could see Tim's reaction to Barry's new "do". He said he looks like his father. Most other people say he looks younger. Either way, he even may consider keeping it like this after treatment. Could be like the St. Laurent boys in Az.! There was a reason we went to see them in February I guess.

Had nice visits with some Angels this week: Julie, Sue, Michelle and David. Again, thanks for being there.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you couldn't sleep last night - it will come! You can look forward to a full night of sleep with DREAMS again - good dreams!

Glad you posted this morning, too. Hope you can rest this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

...I'll bet the insides of your eyelids never looked so good right about now. Sleep tight!

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Don't forget about the turkey to sleep. It's worth a try.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

It is awful to watch the hours go by. Hang in there. Sleep will come. I hope you are feeling better at the end of the week. Like you said, at least now you know what to expect. You are amazing. I want you to know that you lift my spirits as much as everybody lifts yours with their comments. Hang in there, Love Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

It is awful to watch the hours go by. Hang in there. Sleep will come. I hope you are feeling better at the end of the week. Like you said, at least now you know what to expect. You are amazing. I want you to know that you lift my spirits as much as everybody lifts yours with their comments. Hang in there, Love Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Have you told your doctor about your inability to sleep? Maybe he can prescribe something.
Ann

Anonymous said...

...just saw the pix of the coneheads.

Was I not right?

They look avant garde and sexy...

Barry don't ever change...

Jane, enlist now in the Marines as a scout sniper or LRRP!

Anonymous said...

Jane and Barry.
see what arizona did to you and Barry said to Don no more comb overs.. Don and dewey said you will like this it sooo easy to take care of..