Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Had my alarm set for p.m. instead of a.m. so am running a bit late. Will post more after work. Must have been sleeping good to not be looking at clock like I usually do.

The pimples seemed to be growing wild on my head so I called the cancer center. They eventually had me go in to see the nurse practitioner Debbie in the afternoon. She examined my head and prescribed bactriban as an anibiotic. Also agreed that not covering it is good medicine. And I did take the bandana that I was wearing to work off at lunchtime. Thank goodness I'm not vain and need to be perfect in the looks dept.! The way I look at it, it's not my chosing to look the way I am and I'm not going to be embarassed about it.


While I was talking to Debbie, I mentioned the headaches that I had after treatment. She said that one of the anti nausea meds, kytrol, can cause headaches. She said that at the next treatment I could be given another equivalent drug. I just said that it better be as good because I have not been sick yet. She also had some blood drawn to do a CBC since I'm mid-cycle for this treatment. By the time I left the center, she had consulted with Dr. Garrow about my headaches. He has made notes about it for the next cycle.

No comments: