Sunday, June 26, 2005

A neulasta day

As they say, better late than never. Finally am posting something for the day.

I did accomplish this: changed bed sheets this weekend for all!

Took all my energy to go to grocery store with Tim to get some much needed items. Have been drinking lots of OJ and we decided to buy some ice cream to save trips to Dutch Isle in this heat. As we were coming out of Giant Eagle, there was a stand set up for Par for the Cure, a fundraiser for cancer. The woman came up to me, and of course just by looking at me, knew what I was going through. Bald head and little energy today made me an easy target today. She hugged me and gave me a bracelet for the cause. Again, more tears were shed. I'm so glad that I have only one more of these chemo treatments to go through. The weekend following the treatment is no barrel of laughs. But I do know that tomorrow will be a brand new day.

Even in this heat, Tim played some soccer with his buddies and went to a strawberry social at a friend's church afterwards. It was not the kind of day for me to go outside. I was out just long enough to water my hanging flower bags. Oh yes, some kind of critters eat and try to destroy them during the night. Wish I could catch them in the act.

Almost 9 p.m., and the headache is slightly there. Been a long weekend.

No comments: