Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Blood work today

Am hoping today is calmer day at work. Enough stuff on my head as it is (or actually there isn't! bald you know!) I'm going for blood work at Cancer Center in preparation for round 2 of chemo tomorrow morning. For about 2 weeks I've been feeling practically normal and now I have to go through this again. A bit depressing to be truthful, but on the bright side I will be 1/2 way done chemo. It's just human nature I guess.

Have taken brush and hairdryer out of my bathroom. Now Tim has so much room in there. Don't need those items for awhile.

Just a quick update. I had blood work this a.m. and my white blood cells are PERFECT. That is good news. On to round 2 tomorrow.

I hope you all realize how much you mean to me. I've received so many well wishes lately that it truly warms my heart. Wishes from people that I've never even met but are now part of my life. I still don't understand, and I will not try to, how you can spend time with people on a daily basis and they don't all wish you good luck especially when going through chemo. I've never been that way so it's puzzling. But I guess that's the way some people are.

I wear my hats and new earrings to work daily. Love them both. When I get hot, I take the hat off and go au naturel. Doesn't bother me a bit. It's not my doing that I am this way so I will continue to shine (physically and mentally) in their presence.

Signing off for today. Already miss American Idol on TV.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought for today...

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

...and what lies within you is amazing!

Anonymous said...

2nd thought for today...

"All journeys have a secret destination of which the traveler is unaware."

Embrace the experience...it will enrich your life and broaden the horizon of your perceptions.

:)

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Glad to hear your blood count was good. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Good thing Barry is off on the weekend.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

Good luck tomorrow....you're in my thoughts and prayers....gerry