Friday, June 24, 2005

Day after Round 3 Jane

Am not surprised to wake up with headache this morning. Didn't sleep that well last night, probably due to caffeine in excedrin and pepsi. The arm I had IV in seemed heavy to me, so I rested it on pillow as I attempted to sleep.

Headache has improved but is still in back of eyes. Am not working today because I need to pamper this headache, not get any more stress. I've already gone for my two shots: neulasta (white blood cells) and procrit (red blood cells). It takes about 4 weeks for procrit to kick me up a notch as Emeril would say. I'll get procrit shots weekly for awhile.

Temps and humidity are going to be high today. Expecting to spend some quality rest time in my bed today. Just enjoy the air conditioner and feel better.

Went to lunch with Barry and Tim. Continued to drink my pepsi to be on the theme that caffeine will help with headache. Came home and slept for about 3 hrs. Yes, slept. Felt so good. Woke up at 5 p.m. and had on my mind that there was another Relay for Life Cancer Walk in nearby town. Got my butt in truck and got there 15 mins. before showtime. This will make my 4th survivor walk, and every one gives me more angels in my life. Am so truly blessed. A woman came up to me and asked if I had anyone to walk with. Said no and she offered to walk with me. She was 14 months breast cancer survivor, Julie from Ohio. And do you know that when I was getting my shots at center this a.m. I got to talking with a woman getting chemo. Julie knows that woman who is also from Ohio. Such a small world. Incredible coincidence. While at the walk I noticed people wearing a shirt that said "Angels walk among us" by the American Cancer Relay for Life. I was able to track down 1 of these shirts which will fit Tim. And the Chairperson of this event gave me local ACS telephone # to call for another shirt for myself. This is how I feel. Angels are around me constantly.

Tim was able to enjoy the town pool while Barry and I rested. He is now sleeping over at a friend's house.

All in all, a great day. No complaints on my end.

Neulasta should kick in sometime tomorrow. Temporary pain/discomfort that I can live with.

Hope everyone else also had a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three down and one to go! Yay for you! I hope that the next few days will go by quickly so that you will be on the other side of the side effects. Think of you all every day and send good thoughts and prayers still. Seems that some of those prayers are being answered. Friends (angels) are surrounding you all with love and caring. Hope the week-end is a good one for all of you. Stay cool!!! Love to you all.