Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dr.'s Visit today

Will post more later this p.m.

I didn't go to work today. Instead I saw the oncologist for him to look at my arm.
The main vein that was used for the first 2 chemos is irritated, that's why I'm having the pain. It may get worse before it gets better. Need to take anti inflammtory pills. I also had him check out a cough that I seemed to have inherited yesterday. He has prescribed a 5 day antibiotic for me. It's very easy for someone to get sick from others when their own immune systems are out of whack due to chemo.
I need to be in top shape for my vacation next week. So once again, I took control of the situation and went to see doctor. Also mentioned that I didn't get period this month, you guessed it: chemo and the fact that I'm so tired by noontime: chemo. Said to take naps during the day to rest up. Will be this way for a few weeks. At least I know what to expect. Did take 2 naps during the day, and was actually able to dream during one of them. That's a good sign of a good sleep.

I spoke to my friend Michele who had breast surgery yesterday. She is listening to my words of wisdom and taking her percocet like a good girl! I also shared a secret that someone told me: wear shirts inside out for comfort where incision took place. And she is doing that too. Would have liked to visit with her today but need to focus on myself right now.

Tim went to band rehearsal and was brought home by another friend of ours BJ. She offered to have Tim go to their house tomorrow while we are at the Cancer Center. So this will work out quite fine. Will send him with swimsuit in case the town pool calls for him. He does enjoy swimming.

Am using a sling for my arm. That is making it easier for me. Keeps it in a good position. Still hurts but as they say: doable.

Barry's chemo is in a.m. so I won't be online until evening. Asking for positive vibes and strong veins as he "tries" to catch up to me on my 3rd round of chemo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, just keep hanging in there. I too got very tired toward the end and was shedding a lot of tears. I also ended up with a urinary tract infection. But your final treatment is coming up and its all up hill from there. Your hair will be returning soon. Remember that this is a small price to pay to have any cancer cells wiped out. Plan on resting a lot while on vacation and let them all pamper you.
Ann

Anonymous said...

Jane....please take good care of yourself....hope you are feeling better soon...you're almost there. Vacation will do you a world of good. Please tell Barry GOOD LUCK tomorrow. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. gerry

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Vacation is going to be so good for you. It won't be long after that you can have your final treatment. Hang in there. I know it gets tiring after a while expecially because you are feeling worse. I will keep praying for you and Barry.

Lisa